For the grand finale, nestle red, white and blue Push-up Cake Pops in a bowl of red Cinnamon Drops.
Layer on the festive colors with vanilla cake, colored icing and star-shaped sprinkles.
Finish with stars and stripes Rocket Treat Pops Toppers or red, white and blue pinwheels.
4th of July Firecracker Push Up Cake Pops
- mini whoopie pie pan
- push up pop containers
Whoopie Pie Cakes
- 1 ½ c flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter room temperature
- ⅔ c sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 ½ tsp CLEAR vanilla extract (or almond extract)
- ⅔ c milk
- 3 c buttercream icing
- Christmas red icing color
- Royal blue icing color
- red & blue star sprinkles
- rocket treat pop toppers optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare mini whoopie pie pan with vegetable pan spray.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg whites and extract and beat until well combined. Alternately add flour mixture and milk in three additions, beating until just combined. Spoon one tablespoon batter into each cavity.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until tops of cakes spring back when touched. Cool in pan 3 minutes. Cool completely on cooling grid.
- In separate small bowls, tint 1 cup buttercream red, 1 cup blue and reserve 1 cup white.
- To assemble: Place one cake in bottom of Push Up Pop container. Pipe a swirl of blue icing from back edge following the curve of the container to the front, then filling in the center; add sprinkles. Add second cake. Pipe a swirl of white icing; add sprinkles. Top with another cake. Pipe a swirl of red icing. Top with Patriotic Sprinkles or Rocket Treat Pops Toppers.
Source: Wilton via Family Features