- 1 bag Dove Brand Dark or Milk Chocolate Hearts
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups pecans, finely chopped, divided (optional)
- 28 mini paper cupcake liners
- Mini muffin pans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in egg, and slowly stir in flour and (if desired) 1 cup chopped pecans.
- Roll nicely rounded teaspoons of dough into 1 1/4-inch balls; then (if desired) roll balls in remaining pecans.
- Line mini muffin pans with liners. Place 1 ball into each cup, and bake until golden (about 12 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean).
- Remove from oven, and place 1 chocolate heart firmly on top of each ball.
- Return to oven 3 minutes, remove, and let cool completely.
Makes 28 mini cupcakes.
M&Ms Seasonal Brands via Family Features