A wonderfully savory and creamy autumn acorn squash soup recipe that your Thanksgiving guests will adore.
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons sweet cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chicken bone stock
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 cups cooked acorn squash, mashed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- SAUTE the onion and celery in butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour, bouillon, dill, curry and cayenne pepper. Gradually add chicken stock and sweetened condensed milk.
- BOIL for 2 minutes. Add the squash, salt and pepper.
- PLACE in blender; blend in batches until smooth. (Please note that you only fill blender HALF FULL or less with hot liquid for safety.) Pour into bowls; garnish with bacon.
Recipe by Rebekah R., Appleton, Wis. for Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
Do you love this recipe?
Get our updates delivered directly to your inbox so you won’t a new recipe.
- Let’s connect! Have you made acorn squash soup before? Tell us in the comments or on Facebook.
- Want more Thanksgiving recipes? See our recipes here, and visit our Pinterest Inspiration Board.
- See our turkey leftover recipes or Pinterest Board for Après-Thanksgiving dining.
- Check out our ideas for celebrating Thanksgiving in a meaningful way.
- See our free printables for a Gratitude Journal for kids or adults.
Do you know someone who would like to try this recipe?