Old fashioned oatmeal crust with a delightful filling of apples, cranberries and raspberry preserves makes these Apple Berry Tartlets an autumn favorite.
Apple Berry Tartlets with Oatmeal Crust
- c Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 c Flour, plus extra for rolling
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ c Butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp ice water
- ½ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 2 Tbsp Berryhill Raspberry Preserves
- 3 c peeled and diced gala apples, (about 3 small apples)
- 1 c cranberries, frozen
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In food processor, process oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Add chilled butter; pulse until butter resembles the size of peas. Add vinegar and water slowly. Mix to form firm dough. Chill pastry dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, combine all filling ingredients.
- Place oatmeal dough on lightly floured surface and roll to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out 24 three-inch circles. If dough becomes too warm to work with, roll into ball and refrigerate until chilled. Fit dough circles into muffin cups.
- Prick dough in each muffin cup with fork and bake for 10 minutes; allow to cool.
- Place 2 tablespoons of filling in each tartlet and bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Want more? See all of our apple pie recipes.
Want even more? See our new pie recipes.
Get our weekly magazine for new pie recipes, party plans & daily holiday ideas before everyone else.