Apple Berry Tartlets
Recipe Type: Dessert
Serves: 24 tartlets
Great autumn recipe with apples and berries.
- 2/3 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup Flour, plus extra for rolling
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon White Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1 orange, zested
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Corn Starch
- 2 tablespoons Berryhill Raspberry Preserves
- 3 cups peeled and diced gala apples, (about 3 small apples)
- 1 cup cranberries, frozen
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In food processor, process oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Add chilled butter; pulse until butter resembles the size of peas. Add vinegar and water slowly. Mix to form firm dough. Chill pastry dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, combine all filling ingredients.
- Place oatmeal dough on lightly floured surface and roll to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out 24 three-inch rounds. If dough becomes too warm to work with, roll into ball and refrigerate until chilled. Place dough rounds into muffin cups.
- Prick each dough round with fork and bake for 10 minutes; allow to cool.
- Place 2 tablespoons of filling in each tartlet and bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.