Apples & Pierogies recipe for a special breakfast, Thanksgiving side dish or hearty dinner that is fast and easy & oh-so-delectable.
- 1 package (16-ounces) frozen MRS. T’S Potato & Cheddar Pierogies
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 red apples, cored and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Sauté pierogies as package directs.
- Cook onion slices in 12-inch skillet over medium heat, in hot oil, until lightly browned and just tender, stirring occasionally. Remove to bowl.
- Melt butter in same skillet over medium heat. Add apple slices and teaspoon cinnamon; cook until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Combine sour cream with remaining teaspoon ground cinnamon in small bowl.
- Combine pierogies with onions and apple mixture; toss to mix well. Serve with sour cream.
For more family-friendly recipes, visit www.Pierogies.com.
Put more play in your inbox
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to plan ahead for the week's daily celebrations, get another chance to read last week's articles, see all the freebies, giveaways and recipes - and get the info on our Monthly Facebook Contest.