These baby chick cupcakes are so easy and so cute – and perfect for a farm themed party or Easter.
Baby Chick Cupcake
Servings: 24 pieces
So easy, and so cute.Print Recipe
- 12 oz white confectionary coating wafers
- 1 c butter softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 16 oz confectioners sugar
- 7 oz marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp Sunflower color from McCormick food coloring
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 24 yellow cupcakes
- orange sprinkles
- chocolate sprinkles
Egg Shell Pieces
- Melt coating wafers as directed on package. Spread on large foil-lined baking sheet to 1/4-inch thickness. Refrigerate about 10 minutes, or until firm. Break into small, irregular pieces. Set aside.
Icing for Chicks
- In large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar, beating until well blended after each addition, frequently scraping sides and bottom of bowl. Beat in marshmallow creme until well blended. In small bowl, stir food color into milk until dissolved. Add colored milk to frosting; beat until light and fluffy. Stir in additional milk, as needed, to reach desired consistency.
- Spoon frosting into large pastry bag fitted with large round tip. Pipe two dollops of frosting on top of each other to form baby chick. If desired, insert sprinkles into face for eyes and beak. Or tint any remaining frosting with food colors to pipe out eyes and beak.
- Place coating wafer pieces around bottom of baby chick to resemble broken egg shell.