Crunchy on the outside, moist & chewy on the inside: these are the best chewy peanut butter cookies, hands down!
The secret to the chewiness is from a pro who knows, chef Anna Olson. It’s the corn starch and brown sugar. They absorb the moisture and keeps the centers their chewy goodness.
Best Chewy Peanut Butter Cookie of All Time
- ½ c butter squeezable room temperature
- ¾ c packed brown sugar
- ¼ c sugar
- ½ c peanut butter
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ c flour
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar and sugar together until the mixture is fluffy.
- Beat in peanut butter, egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture on low speed until blended.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop 1 Tbsp of dough on cookie sheets, leaving lots of room for spreading.
- Dip a fork in flour and make criss cross marks when flattening.
- Bake for 12 minutes or when edges are slightly browned. (Don't bake too long or they will be too hard.)
- Let cookies cool on the sheet for 5 minutes. (If you don't they will crumble.)
- Transfer to a plate or rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Want more? See all of our peanut butter cookie recipes.
Whether you prefer soft & chewy, crunchy, buttery or old fashioned peanut butter cookies, we have the perfect peanut butter cookie recipe for you. Tips from the pros who know make these recipes a favorite. Special peanut butter cookies like blossom cookies and holiday cookie recipes. A peanut butter lover’s dream!
Want more? See all our peanut butter recipes.
Peanut butter recipe collection that only peanut butter lovers can truly appreciate! There’s all different types of peanut butter cookies. There’s awesome peanut butter desserts. And there’s peanut butter sauces for dinner, specialty peanut butter sandwiches and more.
Want more? See all of our cookie recipes.
With tips from the pros who know, these are the best easy cookie recipes that turn out perfectly every time. Because you want to spend more time with those who are enjoying them than making them.
Want more, more often? See our new peanut butter recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.