This recipe uses a mushroom/ground beef blend for a healthier, plant-focused meal that is Earth-conscious and strikes a nutrition-sustainability-flavor balance.
(For more information on Blenditarian eating, see our article Blenditarian Mushroom/Ground Meat Recipes are Nutritious & Delicious.)
Blenditarian and MasterChef Junior finalist Evan Robinson created this Nacho recipe using a mushroom/ground beef blend.
The mushrooms add a umami flavor, vegetables and an earth-friendly ingredient to the ground beef.
Blenditaritan Pizza Burgers
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium portabella mushroom finely chopped
- 2-3 white button mushrooms finely chopped
- ½ small onion
- ½ garlic clove
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 oz ground beef
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp pizza or marinara sauce
- ¼ c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 hamburger buns
- In large pan over medium-high heat, saute extra-virgin olive oil, mushrooms, onions, garlic and herb seasoning approximately 5 minutes until vegetables are soft. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Blend mushroom mixture with ground beef. Season with salt.
- Form into four patties and cook in same pan as mushroom mixture to preferred doneness. Top with dollop pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese. Cover pan to melt cheese then carefully transfer to buns.
Want more Blenditarian recipes?
Want to see all our recipes?
- step by step tutorials
- recipes for all skill levels
- tips to make your recipe turn out perfectly the first time