Before we get to Breakfast Burrito recipes, there’s a few basics we should cover.
How to Roll a Burrito So It Doesn’t Fall Apart
- If you store your burritos in the fridge, bring them to room temperature. Cold tortillas crack when rolled. Or, heat them in a pan, microwave or oven for 15 seconds. They fold better warm.
- Have all of your fillings prepared and ready to go. Putting a filling on while preparing the next makes the tortilla soggy.
- Put tortilla on square of foil larger than your tortilla.
- Put the filling on the tortilla off-center, closer to you. Only fill 1/4 of the tortilla space.
- Add layer of toppings and sauce. Don’t over-fill. Less is more.
- Fold opposite sides in until they almost touch.
- Hold the sides in with your fingers. Fold the bottom of the tortilla up with your thumbs, tucking in the flap like wrapping a present.
- Use the flap to pull ingredients tight by sliding it down (towards you), and then begin to roll as tightly as you can, keeping sides folded in.
- As you get to the end, press down on roll to flatten and crease side folds, then wrap end around tortilla roll to keep it in place.
It takes only 30 minutes to prepare a dozen burritos for your freezer, but it saves you that much time in the morning rush. Huzzah!
See our article with the best freezer tips to keep your breakfast burritos from getting soggy, and a make ahead breakfast burrito recipe.
What to Serve with Breakfast Burritos
Create a signature breakfast burrito by making your own combination of fillings, toppings and sauces or make a series of different combinations to change it up.
- scrambled eggs
- shredded hash browns
- diced potatoes or sweet potatoes
- shredded cheese
- enchilada sauce, pico de gallo, salsa verde, ranchera sauce, tomato salsa or diced tomatoes
- chopped green, red or yellow peppers
- corn niblets or salsa
- avocado slices
- shredded or chopped lettuce, kale or spinach
- refried beans
- cooked ground or diced beef, carne asada, pork, ham, chorizo, sausage, chicken or turkey
- cooked bacon slice or crumbled
- cooked rice
- roasted chiles
- black beans
- black olives
- sour cream
- cayenne pepper
- tabasco sauce
- picante sauce
Breakfast Burrito Recipes
Want to see all our breakfast recipes?
We have breakfast recipes for when you’re on the go, when you want to relax with family and friends or when you want to impress.
Pancakes, egg recipes, breakfast burritos, and more.
Morning tips to make life easier.
Want to see all of our recipes?
See our Recipe Index
- step by step tutorials
- recipes for all skill levels
- tips to make your recipe turn out perfectly the first time