- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a hole in the center.
- In a separate bowl mix egg, buttermilk and oil. Pour milk mixture into flour mixture. Mix until moistened.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the hot griddle. When batter appears to “bubble”, flip it over and brown the other side.
Do you love this recipe?
Get our updates delivered directly to your inbox so you won’t miss a thing.
Do you know someone who would like to try this recipe?
Put more play in your inbox
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to plan ahead for the week's daily celebrations, get another chance to read last week's articles, see all the freebies, giveaways and recipes - and get the info on our Monthly Facebook Contest.