If you love carrot cake and want to enjoy it in the summer too, this Carrot Cake Trifle recipe solves your problem – and wows the crowd.
This amazing Carrot Cake Trifle recipe is from Good Things Utah Kitchen. You’ve got to try it. It is so easy and so delicious.
Carrot cake: see our easy carrot cake recipe or follow their instructions in the video. Allow it to cool completely. Cutting it into cubes looks fantastic but takes longer.
Pineapple layer: 20 oz can pineapple tidbits, undrained + 1/4 c brown sugar + 2 Tbsp corn starch heated in saucepan and cooled.
Whipped cream layer: combine 8 oz pkg cream cheese, 1 c sugar, 1/8 tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla. Fold into 1 1/2 c whipping cream, whipped – or cool whip to make it easier.
Garnish: crushed vanilla cookies and/or walnut pieces, caramel sauce or Dulce de Leche sweetened condensed milk.
Put layer of cake cubes on bottom of trifle bowl. Spoon 1/2 of the pineapple mixture on top. Cover with 1/3 of the whip cream/cream cheese mixture.
Put another layer of each and end with the remaining 1/3 of whipped cream on the top. (Don’t worry if there’s enough to cover all of the top – it looks better mounded in the center with the pineapple underneath showing.)
Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Just before serving, sprinkle with crushed cookies and/or walnut pieces, and drizzle with caramel sauce or Dulce de Leche sweetened condensed milk.
Want more? See all of our carrot cake recipes.
Want to see our new cake recipes & more?
- Are you the one with the big ideas? “Let’s do this” or “Let’s go there”.
- Are you the instigator that everyone follows to the next fun thing?
- Are you the creative type who adds flair to everything you do?
- Do you believe in celebrating life?
You sound like a Merrymaker!
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing