Festive Christmas peanut butter blossom cookies using holiday Hershey Kisses. So colorful they can be a decoration – but not for long!
Instead of rolling the balls in granulated sugar, use:
- Christmas sprinkles
- coarse sparkling sugar in holiday colors
- colored decorator’s sugar
- pearl sugar
Here’s how to make sparkling sugar in any color:
And now for the basic recipe.
Decorate the peanut butter blossom cookies you own unique way and make them your signature Christmas cookie.
Festive Christmas Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- 1/2 c sugar + 1/4 c red & green, for decorating, if using
- 1/2 c packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 c butter room temperature
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ c flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 24 seasonal Hershey Chocolate Kisses
- Cream sugars and butter until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in peanut butter until mixed.
- Blend in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Shape dough into a large ball in bottom of bowl and cover the ball tightly with plastic wrap. Chill in fridge for 2 hours. (See notes.)
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Scoop with a spoon. Roll into 1" ball, then roll in sugar or sprinkles and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until set with the edges lightly browning. (If you cook them too long, they will be hard.)
- Unwrap Hershey chocolates while cookies are baking.
- As soon as you remove the cookies from the oven, press a chocolate (flat side down) into the center of each cookie. DO NOT press them right to the bottom, just enough for them to stay. Cookies will crack around the edges, that's fine.
- Then lift onto rack to cool completely.
Want more? See all of our Christmas goodies recipes.
‘Tis the season for baking wonderful, scrumptious goodies! See our Christmas goodies recipe collection for Christmas cakes, cupcakes, cookies and other wonderful treats. Step by step instructions make it easy to create your favorites or try something new.
Want more? See all of our peanut butter cookie recipes.
Whether you prefer soft & chewy, crunchy, buttery or old fashioned peanut butter cookies, we have the perfect peanut butter cookie recipe for you. Tips from the pros who know make these recipes a favorite. Special peanut butter cookies like blossom cookies and holiday cookie recipes. A peanut butter lover’s dream!
Want more, more often? See our new goodie recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.