Put an autumn twist on go-to drinks by adding in fall spices. This easy cinnamon mulled sangria recipe is perfect for sharing with friends at outdoor autumn celebrations.
This cinnamon mulled sangria recipe is by the World Wine Guys, Kevin Zraly, Mike DeSimone and Jeff Jenssen from their book Red Wine: The Comprehensive Guide to the 50 Essential Varieties & Styles.
Cinnamon Mulled Sangria
- 1 bottle Eppa Sangria
- 1 c apple cider
- ½ c Licor 43 liqueur
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ c packed light brown sugar
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 strip orange peel
- 2 green apples, sliced
- In large saucepan, mix sangria, apple cider, liqueur, cinnamon sticks, brown sugar, cloves and orange peel. Bring to simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring, 5 minutes, or until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in apples and simmer additional 5 minutes. Serve warm with desired garnishes.
Recipe courtesy of Deutsch Family Wine and Spirits
Wonderful warm drink for chilly nights. Welcome fall.
Want more apple cider recipes?
Want more? See our new recipes, party ideas and daily holiday celebrations.
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing