How Cookies Benefit You
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites. They come in many shapes and sizes.
Most cookies are totally safe for you and essential to the effective running of websites you visit.
Our cookies help us:
- make our website work as you’d expect (ie: videos)
- remember that you accepted cookies so we don’t keep asking
- improve the speed/security of the site
- allow you to share articles with social networks like Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter
- Make our marketing more efficient (essentially allowing us to offer the products and services we do)
- collect personally identifiable information (without your express permission such as a contact form)
- collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- pass personally identifiable data to third parties
You can learn the specifics of the cookies we use below.
How to Restrict Cookies
The kind of cookie we want to restrict for consumer safety is the data mining cookie that tracks your information to be sold for demographic use, or to steal your identity or credit card information.
How We Protect You
At PlaytimeAndParty.com it is of utmost importance to us to secure all communication, especially ones containing your credit card information. We protect the integrity of our website and prevent others from tampering with the communication between our site and your browser (called a man in the middle attack) designed to steal your information.
- this is a Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure site (see the padlock before our name in the URL address bar as proof)
- we use Paypal for financial transactions to ensure that your information is secure
- like 362,000 other websites, we use firewall u0026amp; security firm CleanTalk to protect our site
How You Can Protect Yourself
Here are some ways you can restrict cookies on your end to protect your identity and your phone or computer:
- don’t fill out any survey on the internet unless you know for sure you can trust the company using it
- don’t use a social media profile when signing in to a website
- disable Flash on your computer
- use a Virtual Private Network (VPN), especially when using WiFi in public locations (more on this at How To Geek.)
- use an ad-blocker extension on your browser
- if you wish to block Google Analytics you can opt-out (we wish you wouldn’t because the information helps us – and other sites you visit – improve services for our visitors)
- if you want to see what cookies are on your browser and learn how to disable them, read more at the What Are Cookies website with instructions for each browser
If the settings on the software you use to view this website (your browser) are adjusted to accept cookies, we take this and your continued use of our website to mean that you are fine with this.
More About Our Cookies
Website Function Cookies
- videos powered by YouTube
- Google Maps
- sign up form for our newsletter
- SPAM protection
- Woo Commerce and Digital Downloads for product sales
- Social Media buttons and widgets: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram
We use Google Analytics who places anonymous visitor statistic cookies.
This helps us to continue to improve our website. This analytics program is anonymous in that they do not collect personal information such as your name or street address. We use this program instead of paying a marketing firm who collects the same anonymous information:
- how visitors reached our site (ie: a Google search, a link from another website. or social media)
- how many people have visited our site each day
- what technology they used which helps identify if there is a problem with our site for certain technologies (ie: Mac or Windows, mobile phone, tablet or computer)
- how long visitors spend on our website
- what pages were viewed during their visit
As mentioned above, if you wish to block Google Analytics you can opt-out (but please don’t.)
If you would like further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Need a little fun after reading this? Let’s visit in our inboxes.
Signup for our weekly newsletter and you’ll get a party in your inbox!
Immediately we will send you a list of last week’s articles, next week’s daily celebrations (so you can get ready), and FREE downloads and printables.