Here are the favorite corn spread recipe from all over the world. Try them all and discover a new favorite.
It’s the time of year for corn on the cob – grilled on the BBQ, boiled over the campfire, served at family reunions. Try a twist this year by adding a flavored corn spread loved in other parts of the world.
Corn spread recipes.
- North America: Maple Bourbon Butter – Combine one stick butter, 4 teaspoons bourbon, 2 teaspoons maple syrup and pinch of salt.
- South America: Lime-Avocado Crema – In a blender, combine one avocado, 1/4 cup lime juice, one garlic clove, 1/2 bunch cilantro, 1/2 cup sour cream and pinch of salt. Blend until smooth. Add water if necessary.
- Europe: Combine 2 ounces goat cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, and pinch of salt and pepper. Stir until smooth.
- Asia: Sriracha Butter – Combine 1/3 cup butter with 3 tablespoons Sriracha.
- Africa: Harissa-Yogurt Spread – Whisk together 1 cup Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons Harissa sauce, one crushed garlic clove and pinch of salt.
- Australia: Honey-Ginger BBQ Sauce – In saucepan combine 1 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup honey, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1 1/2 tablespoons hot sauce, 4 minced garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons minced ginger and 1 teaspoon salt. Simmer, stirring occasionally until thickened and reduced to about 1 1/4 cup, 20 to 25 minutes.
Featured Corn Spread Recipe: Mexico
Mexican Corn Spread
- 4 ears fresh Sunshine Sweet Corn, husked
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces Cotija or feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 lime slices
- Preheat grill or broiler. Grill or broil corn, turning occasionally until hot and some kernels turn golden brown, about 5 minutes. Using knife, coat each ear of corn with about 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise. Crumble cheese on one side of each corn ear.
- Sprinkle with chili powder, dividing evenly. Broil until cheese starts to melt, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with lime.
Photo and recipes from Sunshine Sweet Corn