Holiday dinner means traditional main dishes & desserts so seasonal appetizers like Cranberry Walnut and Brie Bites can set your meal apart.
The traditional turkey, ham or goose is the centerpiece of your family’s holiday dinner. It’s what everyone thinks of when they look forward to your dinner party.
You can’t change that!
But where you can mix it up a little is with your appetizers.
Add something new to the holiday table – with the same holiday flavors they know and love – with these luxurious Cranberry Walnut and Brie Bites appetizers.
Cranberry Walnut and Brie Bites
- 2 pkg puff pastry
- 12 oz bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 c sugar, plus additional, to taste
- 1 orange or lemon, zest only, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp water
- salt & pepper to taste
- 7.5 oz Willow Tree Classic Chicken Salad or shredded cooked chicken with mayonnaise (optional)
- 48 oz Brie cheese, cut into 48 pieces
- ¼ c finely chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh sage
- Thaw puff pastry sheets according to package instructions. Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Unfold puff pastry sheets into thirds. Cut each third into 12 equal squares to make 48 squares.
- Grease two mini muffin tins; press each puff pastry square into muffin cup. Bake 8-10 minutes.
- While puff pastry is baking, prepare cranberry sauce. Add bag of cranberries into saucepan. In pan over low heat, combine sugar, one strip orange or lemon zest and water; cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves and cranberries are soft, about 10 minutes. Increase heat to medium and cook until cranberries burst, about 12 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add sugar, salt and pepper, to taste; let cool slightly and reserve.
- Remove puff pastry from oven and press center of each cup in with end of wooden spoon. Fill center of each puff pastry cup with chicken salad, 1/2 teaspoon cranberry sauce and one piece Brie cheese.
- Bake just before serving 5-7 minutes, until Brie is melted.
- Top with chopped walnuts and minced sage. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy Willow Tree via Family Features
Want more? Have an appetizer party!
An appetizer party is a great way to have a party on a smaller budget. It’s easier to visit with guests because the food can be prepared in advance. It is the perfect party when you don’t have enough space for all your guests – it can be a standing-room-only party rather than a sit-down party.
Want more? See all of our appetizer recipes.
Appetizers should be served with every party! They keep the crowd happy if things are running a little late. They are perfect for nibbling while standing up during meet-and-greet. They allow a little taste of a lot of different foods. See our appetizer recipes with different textures and flavors to make your holiday party a success.
Want more? See all of our cranberry recipes.
See our cranberry recipes: add sweetness to meats with unique cranberry sauces, make lunches flavorful with cranberry quesidillas and several cranberry salads and a splash of color with cranberry appetizers for holiday parties.
Want even more? See our new appetizer recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.