This is a fast and easy pasta recipe that feels like you slaved in the kitchen all day. Add a glass of wine and some flowers, and this creamy Italian garlic chicken pasta dish is a wonderful date night dinner.
This recipe is fast and easy because it uses a Bertolli d’Italia sauce, are made in Italy for an authentically delicious flavor. They are crafted with tomatoes vine-ripened under the Italian sun, finely aged Italian cheeses, fresh cream and Mediterranean olive oil.
Keep the rest of the meal simple.
- Prepare a salad of greens with a drizzle of Italian vinaigrette or Caesar dressing.
- Pop a loaf of bakery-fresh Italian or focaccia bread into the oven to warm through and serve with butter or olive oil for dipping.
- Cap off the meal with a classic Italian dessert from your local bakery, like tiramisu, cannoli or a creamy panna cotta topped with fresh fruit.
Creamy Italian Garlic Chicken Pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c onions, chopped
- ¼ c sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained
- 6 fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 2 jar Bertolli d’Italia Creamy Rosa Sauce
- ½ c heavy cream
- ½ box Casarecce or preferred pasta
- parsley, for garnish
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
In saute pan over medium heat, add olive oil. Season chicken with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Sear chicken breasts on both sides until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add garlic and onions to hot pan. Cook until starting to brown. Add sun-dried tomatoes, capers and basil; stir. Add sauce and heavy cream; cook until mixture starts boiling.
Bring large stockpot of water to boil. Boil Casarecce pasta until al dente. Divide pasta between two plates. Place one chicken breast over pasta on each plate and top with additional sauce, parsley and Parmesan cheese.
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Recipe and photos courtesy of Bertolli
Want more? See our other pasta recipes.
Want to see our new pasta recipes – and more?
- Are you the one with the big ideas? “Let’s do this” or “Let’s go there”.
- Are you the instigator that everyone follows to the next fun thing?
- Are you the creative type who adds flair to everything you do?
- Do you believe in celebrating life?
You sound like a Merrymaker!
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing