- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup (1 small) chopped onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) Nestlé Carnation Evaporated Milk
- MELT butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in curry powder, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute.
- ADD broth and pumpkin; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk. Transfer mixture to food processor or blender (in batches, if necessary); cover. Blend until smooth. Serve warm.
How to Make a Pumpkin Bowl
It’s sooo easy to make, and you can use one big pumpkin as a serving bowl or small individual serving dishes for each person.
It’s also your choice whether you want to serve the soup directly in the pumpkin or put a clear bowl inside.
- serrated knife
- glass bowl that will fit inside pumpkin
- Cut off the top third of the pumpkin and scrape out the insides.
- Insert bowl into pumpkin opening
- Fill with pumpkin soup just before serving
I love all the special touches that add to a party theme and when the pumpkin bowl is so easy to make, why not?