Looking for a low-cal Cinco de Mayo recipe or a way to use your leftover turkey? Try this amazing recipe!
Double Stuffed Turkey Tacos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 2 teaspoons Polaner Ready to Use Chopped Garlic
- 1 pound ground turkey or 2 cups turkey cubes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Ortega Grande Taco Dinner Kit – includes 8 hard taco shells, 8 soft tortillas,
- 1 package (1.25 ounces) taco seasoning,
- 1 package (1.25 ounces) taco sauce and
- 1 package Land O’Lakes cheese sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Ortega Refried Beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In skillet, heat oil and cook onion, red pepper and garlic until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Add ground turkey, water and taco seasoning and mix thoroughly. Heat another 5 minutes until meat is cooked through. Meanwhile, in separate sauce pan, warm refried beans.
- To assemble double-stuffed tacos, take each hard corn taco and carefully spread some refried beans on inside with rubber spatula. Sprinkle with some shredded cheese. Then carefully, so as not to break taco, stuff one soft tortilla inside one hard taco and spoon turkey mixture inside. Top with taco sauce, cheese sauce and more shredded cheese. Place in baking dish and repeat with all tacos. Bake 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Source: Ortega via Family Features