Start with the Cupcake Wrap
If piping isn’t your thing, simply spatula ice the cupcakes with green frosting – but check out the video tutorial below first. It shows you how easy breezy it is to do it.
To decorate, Wiltons has miniature nest decorations filled with jelly beans for a playful take on a robin’s springtime roost. Or, top cupcakes with pre-made icing flowers to echo the cheery hues of spring’s first blossoms. These treats are quick, easy and look fantastic at your Easter or Spring Tea Party.
How to Make Icing Grass
It’s the icing grass effect that makes this cupcake! Fortunately its very easy to do and looks impressive – even without the cupcake wrapper.
This icing grass tutorial shows you just how easy it is to create these cute spring flower and Easter egg basket cupcakes using the #233 icing tip.
[iframe src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/cPFOUHgn97k” width=”100%” height=”480″]
Easter Cupcake Recipe
- White Standard Baking Cups
- 1 package cake mix, any flavor
- 1 instant pudding mix (chocolate for dark cakes, white chocolate for light cakes)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream or mayonnaise
- 1 tsp almond extract – or vanilla extract
- Garden Fence Cupcake Wraps or Basket Cupcake Wrappers
- 1 can (16 ounces) White Decorator Icing
- Leaf Green Icing Color
- Nest, flower or Easter egg decorations or Easter cupcake toppers to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place baking cups in standard muffin pan.
2. Combine cake mix, eggs, water, oil, pudding, and sour cream (or mayo if you so choose) in a mixing bowl or stand mixer. Beat for 1 1/2 minutes on medium speed. Scoop batter into cupcake liners until 2/3 full.
3. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool completely. Insert cooled cupcakes into cupcake wraps.
4. Tint icing green; pipe grass on cooled cupcakes. Arrange icing decorations on icing.
Did this information help you?
*Please note that the links on this page are affiliate links and we will receive a small payment from the store if you make a purchase – for which we thank you.
Put more play in your inbox
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to plan ahead for the week's daily celebrations, get another chance to read last week's articles, see all the freebies, giveaways and recipes - and get the info on our Monthly Facebook Contest.