Here is a refreshing new Easter goodie that will excite the kids and adults too. They are oh so easy to make, but look like you’ve worked so hard! They’re Easter Egg Cookie Pops, and here’s how you do it.
To begin, a simple butter cookie dough flavored with vanilla and almond extracts is cut into egg shapes with a cookie cutter. Once they’re baked and cooled, tint white Candy Melts (or use colored) with favorite Easter colors – pastel, bold, or both – then “dye” the eggs by pouring the melted candy over the cookies.
Now the decorating fun begins. Pipe with melted candy to make spirals and stripes, then attach confetti sprinkles. Other decorating options include brushing with pearl dust for a luminous effect, or sprinkling with colored sugars. You could even write messages on them. After decorating, use a dab of melted candy to attach the “pops” stick to the backs of the cookies.
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
White Candy Melts, melted
Primary, Garden Candy Color Sets
Yellow, White Pearl Dust
Imitation Clear Vanilla Extract
Blue, Lavender Colored Sugar
Jumbo Confetti Sprinkles
Cookie Treat Sticks
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg; mix until blended. Add vanilla and almond extracts. Stir in flour mixture.
- Do not chill dough; divide into 2 balls. On floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12 in. in diameter and 1/8-inch thick. Dip egg shaped cookie cutter in flour and cut dough; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 6 – 7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Remove from sheet and cool completely on cooling grid.
- Tint melted white candy desired colors. Pour over cooled cookies to cover. Tap to settle; chill until firm.
- Use melted candy in cut parchment or disposable decorating bags to pipe spirals, stripes and attach Confetti Sprinkles. While still wet, sprinkle some shapes with Colored Sugars. Brush set candy decorations with Pearl Dust/vanilla mixture.
- Attach sticks to back of cookies using melted candy.
Did this information help you?
Wilton’s cookbook, “Pops! Sweets on a Stick“