Everyone loves the Easter peanut butter blossom cookie. It takes the classic cookie up a notch with candy chocolate eggs! We show you how.
Dress these cookies up for Easter! As well as having the candy egg on top, you can add Easter sparkle by rolling cookies in these instead of granulated sugar:
- pastel colored sprinkles
- coarse sparkling sugar in Easter colors
- colored decorator’s sugar
- pearl sugar
Here’s how to color sparkling sugar:
Easter Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- 1/2 c sugar + 1/4 c colored sugar for decorating, if using
- 1/2 c packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 c butter room temperature
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ c flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 24 Mini Easter Egg Candies
- Cream sugars and butter until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in peanut butter until mixed.
- Blend in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Shape dough into a large ball in bottom of bowl and cover the ball tightly with plastic wrap. Chill in fridge for 2 hours. (See notes.)
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Roll into 1" ball, then roll in sugar or sprinkles (optional) and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes until set with the edges lightly browning. (If you cook them too long, they will flatten or be hard.)
- As soon as you remove the cookies from the oven, press an Easter Egg Candy into the center of each cookie. DO NOT press them right to the bottom, just enough for them to stay. Cookies may crack around the edges, that's fine.
- Then lift onto rack to cool completely.
Want more? See all of our Easter goodie recipes.
Easter is the time for treats, so we have so many Easter goodies recipes for you. Easter cakes and cupcakes, Easter brunch ideas, and special themed cookies. Step by step instructions so it’s fun & easy.
Want more? See all of our peanut butter cookie recipes.
Whether you prefer soft & chewy, crunchy, buttery or old fashioned peanut butter cookies, we have the perfect peanut butter cookie recipe for you. Tips from the pros who know make these recipes a favorite. Special peanut butter cookies like blossom cookies and holiday cookie recipes. A peanut butter lover’s dream!
Want more, more often? See our new cookie & treat recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.