These fancy ham sliders are perfect for an Easter brunch or an appetizer party. They take the classic ham and cheese sandwich to the next level with the apple & onion toppings and garlic butter sauce.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links (marked with an *). This means that, at no extra cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
What is a ham and cheese slider?
A ham and cheese slider is a small ham & cheese sandwich on a bun. (Just like a two-bite hamburger is a slider.) Our fancy ham sliders go all gourmet with green apple & onion topping and garlic butter sauce.
What are the best sliders to serve with Hawaiian Rolls?
Hawaiian rolls* are a sweet, soft bread with a fluffy, melt-in-your mouth texture that pair perfectly with delicate ham and cheese flavors. We think the best sliders to serve with Hawaiian rolls are our fancy ham sliders!
What kind of sauce is on ham and cheese sliders?
Our Fancy Ham and Cheese Sliders have a sauce made with Burman’s Spicy Mustard and garlic butter. It is the perfect complement for the shredded Cranberry White Cheddar and Havarti cheeses, and a green apple & onion topping.
What can I do with leftover ham sliders?
I seriously doubt that you’ll have leftover fancy ham sliders, but if you do: refrigerate them until the next morning and have them for breakfast. Cook an egg in a small ring* to go with the ham and cheese and you have an amazing breakfast sandwich.
Fancy Ham Sliders
- Cooking Spray
- 3 oz Happy Farms Preferred Cranberry White Cheddar, shredded
- 3 oz Happy Farms Preferred Plain Havarti Cheese, shredded
- 12 L’oven Fresh Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 2 Tbsp Burman’s Spicy Mustard
- ¼ c sliced red onion
- 12 oz Appleton Farms Spiral Sliced Half Ham
- ¼ c sliced green apple
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Parsley Flakes
Heat oven to 350 F.
Line 9-by-13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
In small bowl, combine cranberry white cheddar and havarti cheeses. Reserve.
Remove entire package of rolls and, keeping rolls connected, slice in half horizontally. Place bottom half of rolls in baking pan. Spread with spicy mustard. Top with red onion, ham, apple, cheese mixture and bun tops.
In small bowl, combine butter, garlic powder, salt and parsley flakes. Pour over sandwiches.
Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 10 minutes more.
Remove from pan and separate sandwiches; serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy ALDI
Want to make it an appetizer party? Here are our tips for success.
- An appetizer party is a great way to have a party on a smaller budget.
- It’s easier to visit with guests because the food can be prepared in advance.
- It is the perfect party when you don’t have enough space for all your guests – it can be a standing-room-only party rather than a sit-down party.
Want more? See all of our appetizer recipes.
Want to see our new appetizer recipes – and more?
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing