BBQ season is here, and we are wanting to make healthful choices at our summer soirée. Here is a Garden Deluxe Veggie Burger recipe that will make you healthy & happy.
When making healthful choices, try better-for-you alternatives to traditional grilling fare. For example, serve fresh, seasonal grilled vegetables instead of potato chips. Once you’ve fired up the grill, try these veggie burgers as an alternative to meat.
MorningStar Farms Grillers Original Veggie Burgers contain 57 percent less fat than regular ground beef. So, it’s not a burger – it’s better!
Garden Deluxe Veggie Burgers
- 2 MorningStar Farms Garden Veggie Patties Veggie Burgers
- 2 slices Provolone cheese
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- 2 whole-wheat hamburger buns, split
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices red onion
- 4 rings green or red bell pepper
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves for garnish ((optional))
- Cook burgers according to package directions. Top hot burgers with cheese slices. Let stand until cheese melts, about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and curry powder. Spread on bun bottoms. Top with burgers, tomato, red onion and bell pepper. Top with parsley leaves, if you like, and bun tops.
Recipe & photos courtesy Morningstar Farms
Like this? See our other veggie burger recipes.
Want more? See our new recipes, party ideas & daily holidays.
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing