There’s a new treat called a Crownie – a creative combination of two bake sale favorites – half chocolate chip cookie, half chocolate brownie, it satisfies two cravings at once.
Take your Crownies to the next level with tasty variations on a boxed brownie mix:
- Orange Kissed Crownies: Give brownie batter a hint of citrus by adding 1 tablespoon Pure Orange Extract to the batter.
- Almond Crownies: For a nutty flavor, replace the orange extract with 1/2 teaspoon Pure Almond Extract in the batter.
- Raspberry Crownies: For a rich fruity flavor, add 4 teaspoons Raspberry Extract to the batter.
- Minty Fresh Crownies: Add 1/2 tsp pure peppermint extract to the brownie batter base.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package (12 ounces) miniature chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 package (family-size) fudge brownie mix
- 1/2 teaspoon chosen flavor of extract as discussed above
- /4 cups flour
- /2 teaspoon baking soda
- /4 teaspoon salt
- /2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- /2 cup granulated sugar
- /2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- teaspoons vanilla extract
- package (12 ounces) miniature chocolate chips (2 cups)
- package (family-size) fudge brownie mix
- /2 teaspoon chosen flavor of extract as discussed above
Put more play in your inbox
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to plan ahead for the week's daily celebrations, get another chance to read last week's articles, see all the freebies, giveaways and recipes - and get the info on our Monthly Facebook Contest.