Wonderful autumn recipe, hearty Gnocchi with Mushroom Bolognese. Perfect for entertaining, or for a cosy dinner at home.
Almost nothing beats pasta and sauce on a chilly night. As the weather cools and mushrooms are plentiful at the market, this is the perfect fall comfort food.
Gnocchi with Mushroom Bolognese
- 1 yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 lbs button, cremini or portobello mushrooms
- 24 oz jar FarmToFork Marinara Sauce or favorite tomato sauce
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 lb refrigerated or frozen gnocchi
- ½ c pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- ¼ c Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- In food processor, pulse onions, carrots, celery and garlic until finely chopped. In large pot over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add chopped vegetables, salt and pepper. Cook 10 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- In food processor, pulse mushrooms until coarsely chopped. Add to large pot with vegetables. Cook 10-12 minutes, or until most liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally. Stir in marinara sauce and butter.
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions; drain. Add to sauce mixture; mix gently. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Recipe courtesy FarmToFork via Family Features
Want more? See all of our pasta recipes.
See our pasta recipes for all occasions: entertaining, dinner for the family or comfort food for one.
Want more? See all of our mushroom recipes.
Love the umami flavor in mushrooms? You’ll love these mushroom recipes then! We even have blenditarian mushroom/ground meat recipes for you.
Want more? See our new pasta recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.