This Honey Pumpkin Cornbread is a lovely autumn recipe, perfect companion to your stew and chili. It’s the time of year for satisfying comfort food.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links (marked with an *). This means that, at no extra cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
On crisp autumn days when the wind blows cold, warming up from the inside-out with hearty comfort foods can feel like a worthy solution. Flavorful and filling foods prepared without an overload of ingredients certainly can provide a feel-good boost on chilly evenings.
A simple and somewhat sweet spin on a classic, this comforting side dish, Honey-Pumpkin Cornbread, pairs well with spicy chili.
Honey Pumpkin Cornbread
- 1½ c flour
- 1¼ c yellow cornmeal
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1½ tp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 c canned pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp honey
- ⅓ c buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp grated orange zest
Heat oven to 400° F. Lightly butter 9″ square baking pan.
In bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In separate bowl, whisk pumpkin puree, eggs, butter, honey, buttermilk and orange zest. Stir flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until moistened; transfer to prepared baking pan.
Bake until cornbread pulls away from sides of pan and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 20-22 minutes. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack at least 10 minutes before cutting.
Recipe & photo courtesy of Circulon
The Honey Pumpkin Cornbread was made in the Circulon 9″ square nonstick cake pan*.
- dishwasher safe
- oven safe to 450° F
- wide handles
- high-low circle design for exceptional nonstick surface
- warp resistant heavy gauge steel construction
- metal utensil safe
See our new recipes – and more.
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing