Hot chocolate pancakes are perfect for breakfast on Christmas Day or any day you want to make extra special.
Hot Chocolate Pancakes with Peppermint Drizzle
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder (more for darker pancakes)
- 1½ Tbsp sugar
- 1 c milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c Aunt Jemima Original Complete or Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix
- ¼ c water
- 1 tsp Aunt Jemima Syrup
- ½ c mini chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp mint chips
- crushed peppermint candy cane (optional)
- marshmallow spread (optional)
- Heat skillet over medium-low heat or electric griddle to 375 F.
- In microwave-safe bowl, mix cocoa powder, sugar, milk and vanilla until well combined. Heat in microwave 30 seconds, or until warm. Stir again to ensure mixture is combined.
- Combine cocoa mixture, pancake mix and water. Stir until large lumps disappear (do not beat or overmix). If batter is too thick, add additional 1-2 tablespoons water.
- Pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter onto lightly greased skillet or griddle. Cook 90 seconds, or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn and cook additional 30 seconds. Repeat with remaining batter.
- For Mint Drizzle: melt chocolate chips and peppermint chips (if using) in microwave for 30 seconds intervals until melted. Stirring in between. Add Aunt Jemima Syrup and stir until desired drizzling consistency.
- Top pancakes with marshmallow spread and drizzle with mint chocolate. Sprinkle crushed candy canes, if desired.
Want to see more pancake recipes?
Want to see all our recipes?
- step by step tutorials
- recipes for all skill levels
- tips to make your recipe turn out perfectly the first time