Hot chocolate pancakes are perfect for breakfast on Christmas Day or any day you want to make extra special.
Hot Chocolate Pancakes with Peppermint Drizzle
Servings: 4 people
Calories: 343kcalPrint Recipe
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder (more for darker pancakes)
- 1½ Tbsp sugar
- 1 c milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c Aunt Jemima Original Complete or Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix
- ¼ c water
- 1 tsp Aunt Jemima Syrup
- ½ c mini chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp mint chips
- crushed peppermint candy cane (optional)
- marshmallow spread (optional)
- Heat skillet over medium-low heat or electric griddle to 375 F.
- In microwave-safe bowl, mix cocoa powder, sugar, milk and vanilla until well combined. Heat in microwave 30 seconds, or until warm. Stir again to ensure mixture is combined.
- Combine cocoa mixture, pancake mix and water. Stir until large lumps disappear (do not beat or overmix). If batter is too thick, add additional 1-2 tablespoons water.
- Pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter onto lightly greased skillet or griddle. Cook 90 seconds, or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn and cook additional 30 seconds. Repeat with remaining batter.
- For Mint Drizzle: melt chocolate chips and peppermint chips (if using) in microwave for 30 seconds intervals until melted. Stirring in between. Add Aunt Jemima Syrup and stir until desired drizzling consistency.
- Top pancakes with marshmallow spread and drizzle with mint chocolate. Sprinkle crushed candy canes, if desired.
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice. Recipe courtesy of Aunt Jemima via Family Features.
Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 375mg | Potassium: 248mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 312IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 244mg | Iron: 1mg
Want to see more pancake recipes?
Want to see all our recipes?
See our Recipe Index
- step by step tutorials
- recipes for all skill levels
- tips to make your recipe turn out perfectly the first time