This easy one-pot Chipotle Veggie Chili is easy to make, and exactly what you need after a chilly day. (That’s a pun, folks!)
This one-pot chili simmers for 25 minutes, filling the air with a tummy-tempting, soul-satisfying aroma. Wholesome and hearty, it’s exactly what you yearn for at the end of a winter’s day.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can (7 ounces) chipotles in adobo sauce
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) sweet corn with liquid
- 2 limes, juiced
- guacamole (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- jalapeno slices (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- In large dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Stir and cook 5 minutes until onion is translucent. Add garlic and red pepper. Stir and cook 8 minutes until soft.
- Add tomatoes, red beans, pinto beans, broth, chipotles in adobo sauce, corn, remaining salt and remaining pepper. Simmer 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chili has thickened.
- Squeeze lime juice into pot; stir. Serve with guacamole, sour cream, jalapeno slices and cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 557mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 6gSugar: 10gProtein: 5g
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Recipe, video and photo courtesy of Culinary.net
*We were NOT compensated for sharing this recipe or our enthusiasm for the Circulon cookware.
This was cooked in the Circulon Symmetry Casserole with a locking straining lid.
- Heavy gauge hard-anodized aluminum construction is twice as hard as stainless steel & lasts 10 years longer
- PFOA-free metal utensil safe interior
- Dishwasher safe
- Double-riveted stainless steel handles are wrapped in silicone for a comfortable grasp & oven safe to 400°F
- Shatter-resistant, tempered glass lid features built-in, locking strainer for draining off liquids or straining soups and sauces
Like this? See all of our chili recipes!
Make it a party! Have a build-your-own chili bar.
Turn your pot of chili into a party – we show you how. Discuss the kinds of chili to offer, and the toppings, side dishes, beverages and desserts to serve. Pointers on how to set up your chili bar.
Like this? See our new recipes in the weekly Merrymaker Magazine.
Sign up for our weekly magazine and never miss a recipe.
Prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables. Be inspired by ideas to celebrate upcoming seasonal holidays with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas.