It’s not the minutes. It’s how you live them.
Where can you – or where do you need to – fit in play today?
Add happiness by planning “play modules” into your schedule before you begin your day.
What are Play Modules?
“Play modules” are chunks of time that you plug into your day’s schedule where you need to add a little play to your day. They can be a short or long period of time, depending on your need and what your schedule will allow.
Where do you need to add play today?
- Where will your day be stressful? Add a “play module” to your schedule after a time of focused work or an intense meeting to de-stress before you move on with the rest your day.
- What are you looking forward to today that can be celebrated? Plan a “mini party” for the end (or beginning) of a project, a kid’s recital, the season opener of your favorite sport or the premier of a movie or favorite TV series.
- Are you going to spend time waiting? Don’t do something mindless on your phone – add some memorable fun, make memories with those around you, and maybe get a spurt of exercise.
- Are you spending time with your Besties today? Plug a “play module” into whatever you’re doing & create happy memories that last lifetime.
- When will you be sitting inactive for a long period of time? Plan a playful activity right after.
- Life is an adventure only if you have that attitude! Be prepared to add impromptu play – you never know who you’ll meet.
Good Times are the glue of great relationships.
Are you the one in your family, group of friends, or co-workers that stirs up fun?
Are you the one with the big ideas? “Let’s do this” or “Let’s go there”.
Are you the instigator that everyone follows to the next fun thing?
Are you the creative type who adds flair to everything you do?
We share ideas to make it fast & easy for you to put more play in their day.
How to start adding more play to your day.
- Check your schedule for the day. (Preferably the night or even week before so you can prepare.)
- Where will you need to add play for a stress reliever or a spurt of exercise? What type of play can you do there? Block off a period of time in your schedule and make sure you have the items you will need.
- What are you looking forward to today? Turn it into a mini-party! How much time will you have? How much energy and money do you want to spend on your mini-party? What do you need to do ahead of time to prepare?
- Who will you spend time with today? What kind of fun do you enjoy, and what can you do together to create happy memories? (Don’t have any idea? Try the Daily Holiday.)
- When will you be spending time waiting? Who will you be with? Plan a fun activity or pull out your impromptu play ideas and see what works.
Want to know more?
Read these articles for more information & inspiration. We show you step by step how to add as much play as you need to your every day.
Celebrate Something Special Today with a Mini Party
Don’t wait for something big to celebrate. What are you looking forward to today? Make it a mini-party! We show you how to choose “play modules” for decorating, food, entertainment and costumes to fit your time constraints, energy input and budget.
Don’t have a reason to celebrate today? No problem! There are daily celebrations, National Day of something, and National Food of the day for every day of the year.
Impromptu Play Ideas
Impromptu play helps you get a little exercise, meet new people or create new memories with old buddies during times when you have to wait or there’s a momentary lull. Yes – you have to plan ahead for impromptu play and we show you how!
Want to get our new play module ideas?
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.