Before we go skiing or out in the cold, I put hot chocolate in the slow cooker so we can enjoy it when we return. Or great for a party, too.
This recipe is enough for the whole family – 8 servings.
Hot Chocolate in the Slow Cooker
This is enough for the whole family!
- slower cooker
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ¾ c milk chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 c milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla or almond extract
- dash salt
Spray your crock pot generously with nonstick cooking spray.
Melt chocolate in microwave: Microwave on medium and check every 10 seconds until mostly melted then stir until completely melted.
Add melted chocolate and sweetened condensed milk inside crock pot. Mix well.
Whisk in the milk & extract, and add the pinch of salt.
Cover and cook on low for 2 hours.
Stir before serving.
Want more? See all of our hot chocolate recipes.
Want even more? See our new hot chocolate recipes & ideas.
- Are you the one with the big ideas? “Let’s do this” or “Let’s go there”.
- Are you the instigator that everyone follows to the next fun thing?
- Are you the creative type who adds flair to everything you do?
- Do you believe in celebrating life?
You sound like a Merrymaker!
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing