Before we go skiing or out in the cold, I put hot chocolate in the slow cooker so we can enjoy it when we return. Or great for a party, too.
This recipe is enough for the whole family – 8 servings.
Crock Pot Hot Chocolate
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ¾ c milk chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 c milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla or almond extract
- dash salt
- Spray your crock pot generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt chocolate in microwave: Microwave on medium and check every 10 seconds until mostly melted then stir until completely melted.
- Add melted chocolate and sweetened condensed milk inside crock pot. Mix well.
- Whisk in the milk & extract, and add the pinch of salt.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Stir before serving.
Want even more? See our new hot chocolate recipes & ideas.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.