Huevos rancheros means ranch eggs in English, which suggests a hearty breakfast burrito.
Huevos rancheros are traditional Spanish-style fried eggs or scrambled eggs on corn tortillas with a savory salsa. When you use prepared salsa and refried beans this is a quick, easy, delicious breakfast recipe the kids will love.
Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Burrito
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 c Monterrey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 pkg fresh salsa
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ c purple onion diced
- Heat salsa in a saucepan over low heat.
- Put a little olive oil in a skillet and one by one heat the tortillas until they are heated through and bubbly. Place them on a warm plate in a warming oven or oven set to lowest temperature. Sprinkle with cheese and let melt while you cook eggs.
- Put butter in your skillet and cook eggs sunny side up, about 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Place one tortilla on a plate. Heat refried beans in microwave and spread on tortilla to taste.
- Put a layer of salsa and then place fried egg on top. Sprinkle with a little more cheese, cilantro, pepper and onion to taste.
You may also like:
Want to see more breakfast recipes?
We have breakfast recipes for when you’re on the go, when you want to relax with family and friends or when you want to impress.
Pancakes, egg recipes, breakfast burritos, and more.
Morning tips to make life easier.
Want to see all our recipes?
- step by step tutorials
- recipes for all skill levels
- tips to make your recipe turn out perfectly the first time