This is the best hot chocolate recipe ever. If you need a special chocolate indulgence, this is it – a French Silk Hot Chocolate.
This is mother-in-law’s secret recipe. Sssshh! We’ll keep it just between us.
Julianna’s French Silk Hot Chocolate
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate, cut into pieces
- ½ c cold water
- ¾ c sugar
- dash salt
- 2 c whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 c chocolate milk
- Combine chocolate and water in a small pan, cook over direct heat 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and beat with mixer until smooth. Add sugar and salt.
- Return to heat and cook 4 minutes.
- In a large pan heat milk, stirring constantly, until bubbles appear around the edges. Stir in extract.
- Whisk chocolate mixture into milk. Stir in whipping cream. Serve immediately.
Want more? See all of our hot chocolate recipes & ideas.
Want even more? See our new hot chocolate recipes & ideas.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.