These frozen breakfast sandwiches make it easy to grab-and-go on busy mornings.
From Pros Who Know
Registered dietitian Melanie Marcus, Dole’s nutrition and health communications manager, created this make ahead breakfast sandwich recipe to help families eat nutritious and delicious food without all the stress.
Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches
- 8 eggs
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 4 c baby spinach
- 1 c milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 8 English muffins split
- 8 frozen sausage patties
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray 13-by-9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs. In large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add mushrooms, onion and bell pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add spinach; cook 3 minutes, or until spinach wilts, stirring occasionally. Stir milk, salt, pepper and vegetables into eggs; transfer to prepared dish.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until set and internal temperature reaches 160° F; cool and cut into eight equal pieces.
- Assemble sandwiches with muffins, sausage patties and egg mixture; wrap tightly with plastic wrap and freeze up to 2 weeks.
- Unwrap one sandwich; wrap loosely with paper towel. Heat in microwave oven on high 2 1/2-3 minutes, or until completely heated through and internal temperature of sausage and egg mixture reaches 165° F.
Want more breakfast recipes?
We have breakfast recipes for when you’re on the go, when you want to relax with family and friends or when you want to impress.
Pancakes, egg recipes, breakfast burritos, and more.
Morning tips to make life easier.
Want to see all our recipes?
See our Recipe Index
- step by step tutorials
- recipes for all skill levels
- tips to make your recipe turn out perfectly the first time