This Maple Breakfast Braid is the perfect weekend morning treat with sausage, eggs, apples and stuffing inside a puff pastry. Super easy to make but wows the crowd.
It’s hard to beat a fresh, oven-baked breakfast to start the day, especially one loaded with sausage and eggs complemented by the sweetness of diced apples and maple syrup. This Maple Breakfast Braid delivers a tempting flavor combination perfect for a weekend morning with loved ones.
Maple Breakfast Braid
- 16 oz breakfast sausage
- ¼ c maple syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ c green onions, sliced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1½ c dry herb stuffing mix
- 1 pkg frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp water
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- In large bowl, combine sausage, syrup, beaten eggs, green onions, diced apples and stuffing mix.
- Dust surface with flour; roll out pastry sheet to 12-by-18-inch rectangle. Transfer pastry to large baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon half of sausage mixture down center of pastry.
- Make 3-inch cuts down sides of pastry. Fold one strip at a time, alternating sides. Fold both ends to seal in filling. In bowl, beat egg whites and water; brush over pastry. Repeat steps for second pastry sheet.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until brown, rotating pans after baking 15 minutes.
Want more? See our exciting breakfast recipes for kids & adults.
Exciting breakfast recipe ideas for days when you want to have a leisurely brunch and reconnect with family and friends, for a traditional “start the weekend” extravaganza, for a quick-out-the-door morning and recipes especially for adults or kids.
Want even more? See our new breakfast recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.