Healthy Mediterranean platter is a wonderful plant-forward, vegetarian snack to share with friends while enjoying the sunshine.
This Mediterranean Platter can be prepared ahead of time as a simple yet healthy snack to share with friends. It’s a light summer spread that combines veggies, hummus, cheese and pita bread.
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 3/4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup diced English cucumber
- 1 tablespoon diced dill pickle
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 cups hummus
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1/4 cups pitted mixed olives
- 6 pita breads, warmed and quartered
- In bowl, mix lemon, 1/4 teaspoon salt and sugar. Cover and chill 2-6 hours. Dice lemon. Mix diced lemon and 1/4 teaspoon olive oil. Cover and chill.
- Mix diced lemon, tomato, cucumber, pickle, green onion, parsley, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and chill.
- Lightly oil grill rack and heat grill to medium. Mix pepper, asparagus, remaining oil and remaining salt.
- Grill asparagus 2 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Let cool. Cover and chill.
- Set large serving platter on work surface. Place hummus and tomato salad in small bowls.
- To assemble, place larger items on platter then arrange smaller items around them. Group pita in several small stacks next to bowls. Arrange feta and olives in remaining space.
u003cliu003eu003cemu003eWe provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.u003c/emu003eu003c/liu003e
Recipe and photo courtesy of Aramark
Like olives? Have an Olive Tasting Party!
Olive Tasting Party ideas includes food pairings with types of cheeses and deli meats to bring out the flavor, as well as wine pairing.
Want more? See our other Buddha Bowl one-dish recipes.
Like this? See our new recipes, party ideas & daily holiday celebrations.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter magazine.