Looking for old fashioned pancakes just like grandma used to make? Here is our pancakes from scratch recipe.
Old Fashioned Pancakes Recipe
- 1 c flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 c milk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 c berries
- ½ c nut pieces
- Preheat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a hole in the center of the mound.
- In a separate bowl, beat together egg, milk and oil. Pour milk mixture into flour mixture. Beat until smooth – no lumps
- If making fruit or nut pancakes, add them now. (You want batter to be a little thinner when making fruit pancakes so they will cook in the center without burning the fruit.)
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the hot griddle. When batter appears to “bubble”, flip it over and brown the other side.