Old Fashioned Pancakes Like Grandma Used to Make
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Fruit Pancakes
- Add your favorite fruit to the batter: blueberries, raspberries, strawberries. Don’t make the batter too thick or the berries will burn before the middle of the pancake cooks.
- Nut Pancakes
- Add 1/2 cup of your favorite nuts to the oil in the above recipe and cook as recommended. Suggested nuts: chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds.
- Preheat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a hole in the center.
- In a separate bowl, beat together egg, milk and oil. Pour milk mixture into flour mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the hot griddle. When batter appears to “bubble”, flip it over and brown the other side.
Do you love this recipe?
Get our updates delivered directly to your inbox so you won’t miss a thing.
Do you know someone who would like to try this recipe?