Would rather talk with your guests than slave over a hot stove? Want to spend more time with the kids than with your griddle? Make oven pancakes! We have 3 recipes.
We have three different recipes: Lemon Raspberry Oven Pancake, Puffy Apple Oven Pancake and Peachy Oven Pancakes. The recipes vary from easy (using a pancake mix) to DIY.
Peachy Oven Pancakes
- 1¼ c just add water pancake mix
- ¾ c water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 can sliced peaches, well drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 c sliced strawberries
- 1 c vanilla pudding
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Generously grease 9-inch pie pan with butter or line with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, combine all pancake ingredients except peaches; beat with wire whisk or low speed on electric mixer until smooth. Fold in peaches. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 22 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and center springs back when touched lightly.
- Top pancake with strawberries. Spoon pudding over fruit. Cut into wedges to serve.
Lemon Raspberry Oven Pancake
- ½ c flour
- ¼ c sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 can Nestlé Carnation Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 3 eggs
- 1½ tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 c fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- Spray 9-inch deep-dish pie plate or cake pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in medium bowl. Whisk evaporated milk, egg substitute, lemon peel and vanilla extract and egg in another medium bowl until blended. Add to flour mixture; whisk for 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pie plate. Arrange raspberries on top of batter. Sprinkle top with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until puffed and light golden brown. Serve warm.
Pannukakku or Apple Oven Pancake
- 1½ c flour
- 1½ c milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ c butter
- 2 Golden Delicious or Granny Smith Apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ c brown sugar
- whipped cream for serving (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, milk, eggs, sugar and salt until no lumps remain. Let stand for 30 minutes. (You can mix batter the night before, cover and refrigerate. Remove from refrigerator when you begin preheating oven.)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. While oven preheats, place a large slope-sided baking pan or ovenproof skillet into oven and add butter. When butter is melted, remove from oven.
- Pour pancake mixture into heated pan and return to oven. Bake pancake for 15 to 20 minutes, until edges are puffed high and golden.
- While pancake bakes, in medium skillet, sauté apples in butter until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved. Transfer to serving bowl.
- To serve pancake, be sure guests are at the table when you bring it in, as it will slump quickly. Cut pancake into quarters, and fill each serving with sautéed apples. Pass the whipped cream on the side, if desired.
Want more? See all of our pancake recipes.
There’s no better way to begin a weekend with the family than a pancake breakfast. We have the classic pancake recipes, gluten free recipes, oven recipes so you can spend time with family & friends instead of your griddle, and the ultimate guide to pancake art for when you’re feeling creative.