- Crisco Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Hungry Jack Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup Hungry Jack Original Syrup
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 3-inch round sausage patties*
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup diced red pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- [b]For pancakes:[/b] COAT griddle or skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Heat griddle or skillet on medium heat (350°F).
- WHISK pancake mix, water and syrup in medium bowl. Stir in cheese, potatoes and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook sausage patties as directed on package.
- POUR 2 tablespoons batter on griddle, spreading batter to make a 3-inch circle or by using 3-inch pancake molds, coated with no-stick cooking spray. Repeat to make 7 more pancakes. Cook 2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn. Cook second side 2 minutes.
- [b]For eggs:[/b] MELT butter in large skillet. Add red pepper. Cook and stir about 1 minute. Whisk eggs and salt in small bowl. Pour into skillet with peppers. Cook slightly, then shape into four 3-inch circles about the same size as the pancakes and sausage.
- PLACE one pancake on plate. Top with cooked sausage patty, egg and another pancake to make breakfast sandwich. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 3 more sandwiches.
Recipe from Hungry Jack via Family Features
Put more play in your inbox
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to plan ahead for the week's daily celebrations, get another chance to read last week's articles, see all the freebies, giveaways and recipes - and get the info on our Monthly Facebook Contest.