Awesome little peanut butter cookies with a chocolate spider for a Halloween treat. Couldn’t get any better than that!
Spider Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 c butter room temperature
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ c flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 24 Maltesers or chocolate balls
- 48 Wiltons mini eyeballs
- 1 tube chocolate icing
- Cream sugars and butter until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in peanut butter until mixed.
- Blend in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Shape dough into a large ball in bottom of bowl and cover the ball tightly with plastic wrap. Chill in fridge for 2 hours. (See notes.)
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Roll into 1" ball and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes until set with the edges lightly browning. (If you cook them too long, they will be hard.)
- As soon as you remove the cookies from the oven, press a chocolate malt ball into the center of each cookie. DO NOT press them right to the bottom, just enough for them to stay. Cookies will crack around the edges, that's fine.
- Then lift onto rack to cool completely.
- After the are completely cooled, pipe on spider legs – 4 on each side. Attach mini eyeballs by piping chocolate icing on back like glue.
Want more? See all of our halloween recipes.
Halloween recipes to wow the crowd of any age. Halloween snacks to spook and delight. Recipes for a halloween buffet, themed parties for adult and children, and even a Halloween dinner. Something for everyone!
Want more? See all of our peanut butter cookie recipes.
Whether you prefer soft & chewy, crunchy, buttery or old fashioned peanut butter cookies, we have the perfect peanut butter cookie recipe for you. Tips from the pros who know make these recipes a favorite. Special peanut butter cookies like blossom cookies and holiday cookie recipes. A peanut butter lover’s dream!
Want more, more often? See all of our creative cooking ideas.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.