Is there any better way to enjoy peanut butter and jelly than in a cookie? You’ve gotta try these peanut butter & jelly thumbprint cookies!
My mother-in-law made these every Christmas – rolled in very fine nuts. They were addictive!
The blend of peanut butter & jam in a bite-size tender cookie is absolutely amazing.
Perfect choice for a holiday cookie tray because it adds something a little different, something special.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
- 1/2 c sugar + 1/4 c for decorating, if using
- 1/2 c packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 c shortening
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ c flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- gourmet jam or jelly
- ½ c finely chopped nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Cream sugars, shortening, egg and peanut butter until fluffy. (Will become a lighter color.)
- Blend flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl or sifter. Gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until blended.
- Scoop dough and roll into ¾" smooth ball, then roll in sugar or nuts (optional) and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (Dough will double in size while cooking, so keep small.)
- Press center of each ball with your thumb to leave an indentation. (This is not a hole in the center. It is a little crater to hold the jam, with a rim all around the edge.)
- Spoon a small amount of jam, jelly or fruit preserves in the indentation. Keep it level with the rim of the cookie you created.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until set with the edges barely browning.
- Let them cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet, then lift onto rack to cool completely.
Want more? See all of our peanut butter cookie recipes.
Whether you prefer soft & chewy, crunchy, buttery or old fashioned peanut butter cookies, we have the perfect peanut butter cookie recipe for you. Tips from the pros who know make these recipes a favorite. Special peanut butter cookies like blossom cookies and holiday cookie recipes. A peanut butter lover’s dream!
Want more? See all of our cookie recipes.
With tips from the pros who know, these are the best easy cookie recipes that turn out perfectly every time. Because you want to spend more time with those who are enjoying them than making them.
Want more? See all our peanut butter recipes.
Peanut butter recipe collection that only peanut butter lovers can truly appreciate! There’s all different types of peanut butter cookies. There’s awesome peanut butter desserts. And there’s peanut butter sauces for dinner, specialty peanut butter sandwiches and more.
Want more? See all of our recipes.
Want even more? See our new cookie recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.