Part of the fun of the Big Game is the food. For a familiar spin on a football-watching favorite, try these Pigskin Potatoes: a classic combination of little potatoes and melted cheese wrapped with bacon.
Here’s a tip to make it easier: boil potatoes 2 days ahead, fill and wrap potatoes 1 day ahead, then bake and serve on game day.
- 1½ lbs creamer potatoes
- 6 oz plain cream cheese room temperature
- ⅓ c cheddar cheese finely shredded
- 3 Tbsp chives finely chopped
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 jalapeno finely diced
- 1 lb thin sliced bacon rasher cut in half
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Boil potatoes until fork tender, approximately 15-20 minutes. Cut in half and allow to cool.
In bowl, use spatula to combine cream cheese, cheddar, chives, salt, pepper and jalapeno, if desired.
- Once chilled, spread cream cheese on half of cut potatoes and sandwich each with other halves. Wrap each potato using half rasher of bacon around cut middle to ensure cheese doesn't escape.
- Bake on middle rack 10 minutes. Flip and bake 10 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil. Broil 2 minutes, turn once and broil 2 minutes until bacon reaches desired crispiness.
Want to see more appetizer recipes?
Want to see all our recipes?
See our Recipe Index
- step by step tutorials
- recipes for all skill levels
- tips to make your recipe turn out perfectly the first time