First, a few peanut butter facts to make you feel good about your love for peanut butter.
Peanut butter isn’t just a comfort food. The USDA recommends it to meet our nutrition needs too.
Just one serving of natural peanut butter – 2 tablespoons – provides:
- Eight grams of protein
- Two grams of fiber
- Ten percent of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Reference Daily Intake (RDI) of vitamin E and 12 percent of the RDI of magnesium
- Zero grams of cholesterol
- Zero grams of trans-fats per serving
Fast, easy ways to enjoy Peanut Butter, besides directly from the spoon:
- Get creative with a peanut butter sandwich and add ingredients like pumpkin puree, shredded coconut, honey, chopped apples, shredded carrots or diced celery.
- Combine peanut butter with high-fiber foods like whole grain bread, or banana and apple slices for a satisfying snack.
- Keep a jar handy at work or in the gym bag to curb hunger pangs. (You can use a spoon with this one. . .)
Best Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes
Peanut Butter Dessert Recipes
Want more? See all of our recipes.
Want more, more often? See our new peanut butter recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.