This quick and easy Portobello Pizza recipe is courtesy of Atkins.
This recipe is in keeping with their keto style diet which focuses on high-fiber carbohydrates, protein and healthy fats.
They help you reduce levels of refined carbohydrates, added sugars and the “hidden sugar effect” – when carbohydrates convert to sugar when digested. You don’t see the sugar, but your body does.
In Atkins: Eat Right, Not Less learn more about the Hidden Sugar Effect and how to avoid it. Get real-life tips for creating a low-carb kitchen and for setting achievable goals. You’ll see how easy it is to eat right—not less—to reach your weight-management goals and achieve optimal health.
- olive oil spray
- 4 lg portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- ½ d marinara sauce
- ½ c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 pepperoni slices (or 1 chorizo link, thinly sliced)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Coat with olive oil spray.
- Using spoon, scrape out dark gills from mushrooms; discard gills.
- Place mushrooms stem-side up and top each with 2 tablespoons sauce. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese and four slices pepperoni or chorizo.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and mushrooms are soft.
Want more? See all our appetizer recipes.
Selection of appetizer recipes for a cocktail party, game day, or pre-dinner dining. Tips on how to create a cheese board.
Want more? Have an appetizer party!
An appetizer party is a great way to have a party on a smaller budget. It’s easier to visit with guests because the food can be prepared in advance. It is the perfect party when you don’t have enough space for all your guests – it can be a standing-room-only party rather than a sit-down party.
Want more? See all of our recipes.
Want even more? See our new keto and appetizer recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.