This quick and easy Portobello Pizza recipe is part of the Atkins low-carb lifestyle – a long-term, healthy eating approach focused on high-fiber carbohydrates, optimal protein and healthy fats.
The plan also aims to reduce levels of refined carbohydrates, added sugars and the “hidden sugar effect” – when carbohydrates convert to sugar when digested. You don’t see the sugar, but your body does.
Recipe courtesy Atkins.
- olive oil spray
- 4 lg portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- ½ d marinara sauce
- ½ c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 pepperoni slices (or 1 chorizo link, thinly sliced)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Coat with olive oil spray.
- Using spoon, scrape out dark gills from mushrooms; discard gills.
- Place mushrooms stem-side up and top each with 2 tablespoons sauce. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese and four slices pepperoni or chorizo.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and mushrooms are soft.
More Appetizer Recipes
Want to see all of our recipes?
See our Recipe Index
- step by step tutorials
- recipes for all skill levels
- tips to make your recipe turn out perfectly the first time