Step aside PB & jelly for the nutritious and delicious Pumpkin Peanut Butter Sandwich!
Pumpkin and peanut butter make a great tasting spread that has more nutritional value and less fat and calories than PB alone. Topped with banana slices this sandwich is a nutritional powerhouse your kids will love.
|Pumpkin Peanut Butter Sandwich|
- 1/2 cup Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 4 slices whole wheat or white bread
- 1 medium banana, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- COMBINE pumpkin and peanut butter in small bowl until well blended. Makes 1 cup.
- SPREAD 1 tablespoon pumpkin peanut butter spread on each slice. Top two slices with banana slices. Top each with second slice of bread to make sandwiches.
- REFRIGERATE leftover pumpkin peanut butter spread in tightly covered container for up to 5 days.
Sandwiches can also be made with pita bread, English muffins or tortillas. The pumpkin peanut butter spread is also good on crackers or with celery sticks.
Nestlé USA, Inc.
Put more play in your inbox
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to plan ahead for the week's daily celebrations, get another chance to read last week's articles, see all the freebies, giveaways and recipes - and get the info on our Monthly Facebook Contest.