Pimento Red Pepper Bacon Cheeseburgers recipe was created by Chef Bobby Flay as a part of the Real Food Project. Real food, real good.
Jump to Recipe
Have you visited one of Bobby Flay’s burger joints? Bobby’s Burger Palace restaurants are in 19 locations across 11 states.
Don’t live near one? Try this bacon cheeseburger recipe by Bobby Flay at home, shown below.
Pimento (Red Pepper) Cheese-Bacon Burgers
- ⅓ c Hellmann's® ⅓Real Mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder
- ¼ lb extra sharp white cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- ¼ lb extra sharp yellow cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- ⅓ c drained and finely chopped roasted red peppers or piquillo
- 1½ lbs lean ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns
- 8 thick slices double smoked bacon, crisp-cooked
- Combine mayonnaise, salt, pepper and cayenne in large bowl with fork. Stir in cheese and roasted peppers. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shape ground beef into 4 patties. Season, if desired, with salt and black pepper; set aside.
- Grill or pan fry burgers, turning once, 8 minutes or until desired doneness. During last 30 seconds of cooking, evenly top each burger with cheese mixture, then cook covered until cheese melts slightly. Arrange burgers on buns, then evenly top with bacon.
Love this burger? Try more recipes in these Bobby Flay cookbooks.
He shows you how to cook a crusty-on-the-outside, juicy-on-the-inside burger and the perfect fries and shakes to go with it.
Want more? See more Bobby Flay recipes.
See some recipes by Chef Bobby Flay for the Real Food Project or from one of his famous cookbooks.
Want more? See the recipes from all our Pros Who Know collection.
One of our goals here at Playtime and Party is to share information & inspiration from pros who know – the ones who have dedicated their lives to learn the skills in their field and graciously share them with us.
See them all, or choose a pro who knows:
Want more? See all of our recipes.
Want even more? See our new recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.