This luxurious dessert makes a wonderful cake for celebrations! Add lots of icing for mother’s day, heart sprinkles for Valentines day, red white and blue sprinkles for July 4th, or the celebrant’s favorite color for a birthday.
1 3/4 c flour
1 1/4 c sugar
4 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 c sour cream
2 oz red food coloring
2 well beaten eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking soda in 5 tbsp boiling water
1. Preheat oven at 350F.
2. Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
3. Add sour cream, food coloring, eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
4. Dissolve soda in boiling water and add to mixture. Mix together.
5. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. Allow cake to cool, then frost in layers.
3 tbsp flour
1 c milk
1 c sugar
1 c butter
1 tsp of vanilla or almond extract
1. Cook milk and flour together on low heat until thick and allow to cool.
2. Put sugar, butter and extract in mixing bowl.
3. Add cooled milk mixture and beat with mixer until fluffy, about 7 minutes.