Quick and easy Rustic Minestrone soup is a vegetarian classic, the perfect mix of marinara blended with aged cheeses, kale, zucchini and beans. The best part: It can be on the table in 10 minutes.
Rustic Minestone Soup
- 3 Tbsp Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 small zucchini, sliced in 1/2-inch half moons
- 2 c tightly packed, thinly sliced Tuscan kale leaves
- 1 jar Bertolli Rustic Cut Three Cheese with Aged Asiago, Romano and Parmesan Sauce
- 1 carton vegetable broth
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed
- ⅓ c haved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- In 6-quart pot over medium-high heat, heat 2 teaspoons oil. Add zucchini and kale; cook, stirring frequently, about 1-2 minutes, or until kale begins to wilt. Reduce heat to medium; add sauce, broth and beans. Simmer 5-7 minutes, or until heated. Top with shaved cheese before serving.
Recipe and photo courtesy Bertolli Olive Oil.
Want more? See all of our soup recipes.
These soup recipes are a comfort food that warms the body and the soul. (And they’re oh-so-easy to make.)
Want even more? See our new soup recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.