This awesome autumn dessert recipe for the slower cooker helps you get back on schedule. Slow cooker oatmeal apple cobbler will put a smile on everyone’s face, especially the cook’s.
A cobbler is baked in a pie dish, but doesn’t have a crust. It is topped with biscuit dough that looks like a cobblestone road when baked. This recipe also includes oats like a crisp, which gives it that nice, crisp topping.
Slow Cooker Apple Cobbler Recipe
- Slow Cooker
- 5 medium Gala apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 c firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ c biscuit mix, such as Bisquick
- 1 tsp McCormick Ground Cinnamon
Oatmeal Cobbler Topping:
- 1 c biscuit mix, such as Bisquick
- ½ c quick-cooking oats
- ½ c firmly packed brown sugar
- ⅓ c sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp McCormick Ground Cinnamon
- ½ c cold butter, cut into pieces
- Spray inside of slow cooker with no stick cooking spray. For the Apple Filling, toss apple slices, brown sugar, baking mix and cinnamon in large bowl. Place in slow cooker.
- For the Cobbler Topping, mix all ingredients, except butter, in medium bowl. Cut in butter with fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over Apple Filling. Cover.
- Cook 3 hours on high.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
Want more? See all of our apple pie recipes.
Want even more? See our new slow cooker recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.